Topic: Stuart refuses to end Raiders speculation

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Stuart refuses to end Raiders speculation
« on: September 02, 2013, 11:16:48 PM »
Parramatta coach Ricky Stuart says he doesn't want any more speculation about his future, but has done nothing to douse talk of a possible switch to Canberra.

Stuart's name has been linked to the Raiders, the club he won three premierships with as a player, ever since David Furner was sacked.

Canberra chief executive Don Furner said on Sunday Stuart's name was not on the Raiders shortlist, but rumours persist he could still be headed to the national capital.

Stuart said he won't talk about it until the end of the season.

"There's a lot of speculation about it," Stuart said after Parramatta's 26-22 win over St George Illawarra on Monday night.

"Every day there's something in the paper and I don't want any more speculation about me.

"I'd rather be here tonight talking about the win, it's something we haven't been able to talk about much lately.

"I'd like to have some positive press for a change; I'd prefer to talk about the win."

Asked if he could end the speculation Stuart said: "I'll talk about it after the season is done.

"I want a week there where we can go and move into Newcastle with a preparation where we don't have to worry about what's in the papers.

"It's unfair on the players.

"I don't want to talk about it because I want the players to be able to read tomorrow about a good win.

"The team spirit they showed, the camaraderie that's still in the group. That's more important than anything else at the moment."

Source: http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8716745