Raiders.net.au 2013 update
If you have visited RNA in February or March 2013 you will have noticed a lot has changed since the end of the 2012 season. This is because the raiders.net.au dev team rolled out the new 2013 update to the website over the off-season.
A major part of the update was a complete redesign of the entire website from the ground up. The redesign was done to give RNA a fresh new look for the 2013 season and to improve the features of the site. We have also implemented some brand new features to make RNA even bigger and better than ever.
Most of the updates and changes are self-explanatory and I won't bore you all with the intricate details, however some of these changes do require further elaboration to explain the major differences between the 2012 and 2013 versions of the website. See below for more details.Major changes to RNA since 2012:
- The Canberra Raiders Forums have been renamed to the Canberra Raiders Archives. This was done because we thought the name Canberra Raiders Forums sounded a bit clunky and didn't truly describe what the forum is used for. The name Canberra Raiders Archives more accurately describes that the forum is a one-stop-shop for all things Raiders past and present. The Raiders Archives still run on the same forum software (SMF) and will continue to function in the same way that it did before the name change.
- To go along with the name change to the forum we have also rolled out a brand new design. Because this new design makes use of the latest advances in HTML and PHP coding, and because the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser is yet to be upgraded to be able to use these new advances in technology, visitors to the Archives using the Internet Explorer browser will continue to see the old design. When Microsoft decide to upgrade their browser we will enable the new design for IE users.
- We have rolled out some brand new features such as the 'Raiders Social Centre', the 'Raiders Videos' section, and we have also completely redone the RNA homepage which now features the latest content from around the site.
- The LIVE match centre can now be found in the 'Game Day Live' section of the website and he been redone and upgraded.
- There are many more changed not listed here, so we invite you to take some time to have a look around the site and see what else has changed.
It has been over two months since we 'flicked the switch' and updated to the new 2013 version, so if you can't remember what RNA used to look like below is two before and after photos of the site. The photos are both of the RNA homepage
and shows just how much it has changed since the update.BEFORE (2012 Version):AFTER (2013 Version):