Topic: Could it get worse?  

Crovax

• Brad Drew
Could it get worse?
« on: March 16, 2011, 04:47:46 PM »
Holy cow things are getting pretty grim in Japan. Did anyone else see the tsunami when it hit? I was watching live and they had a helicopter that they sent out to sea to film the giant wall of water as it came towards the land. That would have to be some of the best footage I have ever seen and at the same time some of the worst from a human perspective. Just looking at that wave sent shivers up my spine then watching it smash through town and city and seeing people driving on roads without a clue as to what is going on get swept away in an instant.

Poor buggers now have to worry about nuclear fallout too as if the earthquake and wave werent enough.

Chase94

• RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Re: Could it get worse?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 11:42:59 PM »
There have been lots of nasty natural disasters lately. Makes me a little scared! Could it get worse? Yeah, if one of those nuclear things blows then they are really up the S creek. Nothing like a nice big dose of radiation as a reward for surviving an earthquake. Hopefully they can get on top of it before anything really serious happens. If anyone would know how to deal with nuclear radiation you would think it would be the Japanese.

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 02:51:16 PM »
Its a nightmare come true really. Double natural disaster followed by another disaster waiting to happen. What amazes me is the courage of the firefighters and nuclear technicians who have been volunteering to go in and try and fix it. It brings images from the movie K-19 The Widowmaker to mind which is about Russians in a nuclear sub that is leaking radiation. If the reality in Japan is anything close to what happens in that movie then it's nothing short of horrific what they are dealing with and what will happen to them. 

Territorian

• Jamaal Lolesi
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:10:58 AM »
Its a nightmare come true really. Double natural disaster followed by another disaster waiting to happen. What amazes me is the courage of the firefighters and nuclear technicians who have been volunteering to go in and try and fix it. It brings images from the movie K-19 The Widowmaker to mind which is about Russians in a nuclear sub that is leaking radiation. If the reality in Japan is anything close to what happens in that movie then it's nothing short of horrific what they are dealing with and what will happen to them.

Just on a little bit of a lighter note; Liam Neeson and his pathetic attempt at a Russian accent completely ruined that movie. I couldn't take it seriously when there is all these guys speaking in thick Russian accents but their captain sounds like an American doing a really bad impersonation. Even Harrison Ford managed to make his semi believable.