Topic: Sami Sauiluma  

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Sami Sauiluma
« on: February 14, 2012, 02:48:30 PM »
Happy 21st Birthday to up and coming Canberra Raiders winger Sami Sauiluma!
14 February 2012, 9:00 am

Happy 21st Birthday to up and coming Canberra Raiders winger Sami Sauiluma!

Source: Canberra Raiders's Facebook Wall

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Re: Sami Sauiluma
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 02:48:55 PM »
Happy Birthday Sami! Have a good one mate :)

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 12:51:26 PM »
On behalf of RNA I would like to wish young Raiders star Sami Sauiluma a happy 22nd birthday!

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 04:31:03 AM »
Raiders latest debutant Sami Sauiluma speaks to Raiders TV about making his NRL debut and what it means to him and his family.

Watch video: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/raiders/77519

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 11:00:57 AM »
Family Affair for Debutant Sauiluma

Coming from a very supportive family, Raiders debutant Sami Sauiluma always envisaged playing in front of a large contingent of his family for his first match in the NRL, however he never imagined that he would be directly opposing a member of his family.

Sauiluma will be taking on his cousin Tim Simona when the Raiders take on the West Tigers on Saturday night at Campbelltown Stadium.

“My cousin Tim Simona actually plays for the Tigers and I’ll be playing opposite him on the wing for my debut,” said Sauiluma. “We used to play muck around games growing up so it will be good to play him on the big stage now.

“He’s already played a fair bit of first grade now so it will be a good challenge for me. It’s pretty exciting and I can’t wait for the family to come up and watch.”

Simona was clearly overjoyed when it was announced that Sauiluma was to make his debut, re-tweeting the news via his Twitter account.

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/raiders/77678

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 11:30:51 AM »
Now he's a man, his Raiders jersey fits

As a pre-schooler, no one could convince Sami Sauiluma to take off his Canberra Raiders jersey.

Sauiluma played his entire junior career with Josh Dugan, and he's finally got his chance in the NRL at the expense of suspended star Blake Ferguson.

But this is the photo that shows the now 22-year-old winger has always dreamt of wearing the lime-green jersey with pride.

Sami Sauiluma in his Raiders jersey as a kid.

Sauiluma was raised in a three-bedroom home and a household that numbered up to 18 people in Canberra's Richardson, and his extended family will pack into Campbelltown Stadium to watch his NRL debut on Saturday night.

He will even be directly opposite his cousin, Wests Tigers flyer Tim Simona.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/now-hes-a-man-his-raiders-jersey-fits-20130621-2oom1.html#ixzz2Wu7gorbF

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 07:14:01 PM »
Q and A with Sami Sauiluma

Matt Templeman: How did you find your NRL debut? I thought you did a great job even though we lost…

Sami: Thanks Matt. It was disappointing to lose but I still had fun running out with the NRL side for the first time.

The experienced players just said to try and enjoy it as much as possible and that’s what I did. It was a tough game but I really enjoyed the experience. I’ve always wanted to play in the NRL for the Raiders so it was a dream come true!

Peter Francis: Congratulations on making your debut Sami! Were you nervous before kick off?

Sami: Thanks Peter, I really appreciate the support. I wasn’t really that nervous about running out to play I was actually more nervous before the game that I didn’t have enough tickets for all my family and I was just hoping that the rain would hold off for their sake!

I ended up having 70 family and friends come to watch me make my debut so it will definitely be a day that I’ll never forget.

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/raiders/77900

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 05:45:49 PM »
Sauiluma reflects on his first try in the NRL

Aside from their debut in the NRL there is one other thing that rugby league players never forget; the first try of their career.

After making an impressive debut in round 15 against the Wests Tigers, blockbusting winger Sami Sauiluma scored his first try in the 28-16 win over the North Queensland Cowboys at Canberra Stadium on Sunday.

Making it even more memorable was the fact that the local junior scored for the club that he grew up supporting in front of his many friends and family at the venue where he used to attend matches as a youngster.

“It was a really special moment for me and one that I won’t forget,” Sauiluma said. “I grew up supporting the Raiders as a kid so to score my first try in the NRL playing for them and at home at Canberra Stadium was great."

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/raiders/79163

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 07:45:38 PM »
Some players have a ground where the bounce of the ball always tends to go their way; the great Broncos centre Steve Renouf scored four tries at ANZ Stadium on three separate occasions in his career, but for Raiders rising star Sami Sauiluma it’s not just a venue that has provided him luck but an exact corner.

Sauiluma has been sensational since his debut for the Raiders in round 15 against the Wests Tigers and a feature of his career that is becoming almost as well-known as his blockbusting dummy half bursts and try scoring ability, is his parochial following in the north-west corner of Canberra Stadium.

The Woden Valley Rams junior has scored two tries in his four NRL appearances and both have evoked a huge roar from the forty-plus family and friends that have come along to support the budding youngster.

“I come from a big family and growing up they were very supportive of me and I wouldn’t be where I am today without their help,” Sauiluma said. “It means so much to me to see and hear them at the games and it’s a great feeling seeing their smiles when I do well."

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/raiders/80285

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 03:15:59 PM »
2013 Player Review: Sami Sauiluma

Local junior Sami Sauiluma achieved a childhood dream in 2013 by making his first grade debut for his beloved Canberra Raiders, the side he grew up supporting.

Sauiluma, who grew up playing rugby league for the Woden Valley Rams, came through the Raiders junior representative system and had long been earmarked of a player with considerable first grade potential.

The talented outside back graduated from the National Youth Competition at the end of 2011 and spent last year playing a full season of senior rugby league with Mounties in the NSW Cup.

Given the side’s plethora of talented outside backs, Sauiluma again started the year off with Mounties in the NSW Cup where he frequently drew the praise of Coach Stephen Antonelli with his dangerous try-scoring ability, tough carries out of dummy half and his reliable, ‘in-your-face’ defence.

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/raiders/85949