Topic: Brett White  

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Re: Brett White
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 04:10:43 PM »
Raider Brett White to open Dalgety Show

AS CANBERRA celebrates its centenary, Dalgety too remembers its role in the beginning of our national capital. In 1904 Dalgety was confirmed as the site for the Nation's future capital, and remained so for four years until in 1908 the House of Representatives selected Yass-Canberra as the site over Dalgety, 39 votes to 33.

One hundred years later, almost to the day, after the construction of Canberra began, the annual Dalgety Show will celebrate this link with Canberra by inviting local football hero, come Canberra Raider, Brett White to officially open the show.

"It's such a wonderful honour" said White, who was asked by the Chairman of the Board of Canberra Raiders after receiving the request from the Dalgety Show Society. White said it is a big thing for himself as he remembers going to the show as a kid. "I did paintings at school and entered them to be judged at the show, we would go along to look at them," he said.

Mr White has another important link to the show, as the famous Dalgety Show Tug-o-War is named in honour of his grandfather, Arthur Costello. "That this event still holds his name is a wonderful thing. I am so proud. I was very close to him and he has influenced my football career" he said.

Fortunately the Dalgety Show falls in the Canberra Raider's week off training, so White is free to come to the show although recent knee rehabilitation may keep him from participating in the Tug-O-War event.

He is really looking forward to the event and is keen to meet people.

The 69th Dalgety Show will be held on Sunday March 3, returning after a one year hiatus due to the 2012 floods.

The show will have all usual favourite displays and competitions including the wood chop, sheep dog trials and the all important Tug-of-War that will see female and male teams battle it out for the trophy.

The Dalgety Show is a great day out for families. For more information and competition entry forms visit the Show's website www.dalgetyshow.com.au

Source: http://www.summitsun.com.au/story/1239193/raider-brett-white-to-open-dalgety-show/?cs=1257

Archie

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 11:05:19 AM »
RaidersCanberra: The #RA1D3RS would like to congratulate Brett White and his family after the birth of their 4th child 'Joey Brett White' at 4:45pm last night

Source: http://twitter.com/RaidersCanberra/statuses/292098275589365760

Archie

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 11:07:05 AM »
Congrats to the White family! That should cheer the big fella up a bit after spending so long recovering from his ACL injury.

Archie

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 01:05:53 PM »
Inspirational prop Brett White will make his long awaited return to Rugby League in this Saturday’s trial against NSW Cup sides Mounties and Wyong.

Source: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/raiders/68418

Click the source link above to read full article.

Archie

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 02:15:20 PM »
Canberra prop says it will be all White

Brett White knows how it feels for his club to be dragged through the mud, having been stripped of two premierships at Melbourne. But the Canberra Raiders prop says the club, and rugby league, will be better off once the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority's investigation is over.

White made a successful return from a serious knee injury with a 15-minute cameo in Canberra's trial wins over Wyong and Mounties at Mount Pritchard on Saturday.

He was one of a handful of players the Storm were forced to offload after they were found guilty of systematic salary cap rorts, which cost them their 2007 and 2009 titles.

The 30-year-old said ASADA's investigation was a necessary evil.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/canberra-prop-says-it-will-be-all-white-20130217-2elnm.html#ixzz2LDV1cRkk

Chase94

• RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2013, 01:24:07 PM »

Raiders veteran Brett White is putting off contract talks with the club until the former representative prop is satisfied he can return to his best.

White, who will turn 31 in April, is on track to make his comeback from a knee reconstruction in the season opener against the Penrith Panthers on March 10.

The Kangaroos and NSW enforcer played just five games last season before tearing his anterior cruciate ligament against the Cowboys, and is eager to recapture his trademark form before continuing on next year.

The prop is hoping to hit the ground running in 2013 after injury ruined his 2012 season.

''I've said I don't want to even talk about it to the club,'' White said.

''If I'm going to play on I want to know I can produce my best footy. I don't want to come back half able to do the job and play past my time.

''I want to know within myself that it might take half a dozen games [but] that I know I can still play my best footy. When I realise that and can keep playing on, then I'll make that decision whether to talk to the club.''

The Raiders face a challenge to retain a host of off-contract players, including White, halfback Sam Williams, forward Joel Thompson and centre Jarrod Croker.

They are also keen to convince big hitter Josh Papalii to turn his back on a three-year deal with Parramatta.

''I don't think the Papalii situation puts a hold on [negotiations],'' White said.

''It doesn't affect me that much … I'll notify them if I'm going to play on.

''You're also talking with players from other clubs, so it's like a big jigsaw puzzle.''

White is in the final year of a three-year contract with the Raiders after spending his first seven seasons with the Melbourne Storm.

He was one of the Raiders' most consistent players in 2011 and was last year elevated into the club's leadership group as a vice-captain.

White has played in the past two trials and will return to bolster Canberra's front-row rotation comprising Test representative David Shillington, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs and Dane Tilse.

But the likes of Sam Mataora, Mark Nicholls, Scott Jones and Paul Vaughan are ready replacements if their opportunity arises.

''One thing I've noticed is the amount of depth we have in the squad,'' White said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/white-happy-to-put-contract-talks-on-hold-20130228-2f9is.html#ixzz2MG7BOBW9

GB7600

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 09:43:08 AM »
On most other days, Canberra Raiders star Brett White's selection for his first NRL game in a year would be big news.

Sadly, the limelight the prop's return from a knee injury should have received on Tuesday was taken away by two of his teammates for the wrong reasons.

White, who wrecked his anterior cruciate ligament in round six last year against the Cowboys, was named on an extended five-man bench for Canberra's trip to the Gold Coast on Sunday.

Canberra coach David Furner travelled to Sydney on Saturday to watch White play 50 minutes of NSW Cup for Mounties and was impressed by what he saw.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/duos-black-day-distracts-from-white-return-20130312-2fyyx.html#ixzz2NKWsU1Rv

Archie

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 06:09:32 PM »
Brett White's agonising 12-month wait is almost over.

Nearly a year since a torn anterior cruciate ligament prematurely ended his season, the Raiders prop is little more than 48 hours away from making his comeback to the NRL.

Sunday night's vital match against the St George Illawarra Dragons can't come soon enough for the former Kangaroos and NSW enforcer after he was forced to cool his heels for an extra week.

A small tear in his bicep meant the 31-year-old could only watch as the Raiders were humiliated 36-0 by the Gold Coast Titans.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/a-year-on-white-is-back-in-the-action-20130322-2glle.html#ixzz2OHOvWzhy

Archie

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 02:14:05 PM »
Before he’d even set foot on Canberra Stadium for his first NRL match in a year, Brett White proved how much the Raiders have missed him.

His eyes bulging with intensity, White delivered a passionate pre-game address before Sunday’s defeat of the Dragons.

In his first game since his knee gave way in round five last year, White spoke about attitude, desire and not giving an inch to their equally desperate opponents.

White’s messsage hit the mark, the Raiders welcoming him back with a gritty win after two woeful efforts against Penrith and Gold Coast to begin the season.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/white-noise-pumps-up-raiders-20130327-2gv0s.html#ixzz2OtXGcP20

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 12:00:29 AM »
Gallen right to pick fight: White

He was at the centre of one of State of Origin's most infamous stinks, but former New South Wales prop Brett White remembers his 2009 punch-up with Steve Price as a line-in-the sand against bullying by the Maroons.

As Queensland threatens revenge in Brisbane for Paul Gallen's flurry of punches on Nate Myles in the opening game of this year's series, White said the NSW skipper had simply done ''what was needed'' for his team.

Although Gallen has been suspended for one match for fighting, White escaped sanction in game three of the 2009 series when he knocked Maroons opposite Price unconscious with a right hook at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.

It sparked spot fires across the field, with Blues forward Trent Waterhouse sent off for being third man in.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/gallen-right-to-pick-fight-white-20130612-2o4vw.html#ixzz2W0hUxrxX

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 03:59:24 PM »
Raiders re-sign big Brett White

Good news for Raiders fans today with vice-captain Brett White agreeing to a new one year deal to remain at the club for 2014.

White's leadership on and off the field has been invaluable for the club since he arrived in 2011 from the Melbourne Storm and he is a huge part of the development for the teams young forwards.

Click the play button above to see what White had to say.

Raiders CEO Don Furner said White's re-signing was great for the club and looked forward to seeing him lead the Raiders forwards each week.

"Brett is an experienced player who brings a lot to our club and we're happy to have him sign on for another season," Furner said. "His leadership qualities are exceptional and he's a very big part of our club."

Source: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/Brett-White-ReSigns-with-the-Raiders/77107

Archie

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 07:49:25 PM »
Q and A with White

Read About a Raider is a weekly segment in which you, the club’s members, get to ask a specific player for that week any question you like. This week’s player is Raiders Vice Captain Brett White!

Bruce Marriot: It was a tough loss on the weekend, were many of your former Storm teammates giving you a bit of banter on the field?

Brett: Yeah there was a bit of banter on the field but it was all in good will. There normally is a fair amount of banter on the footy field. I just wished that we had been in a better position so that I could have given a bit back!

Blake Green: It’s a tough run home towards the finals, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Brett: I think that our tough run home is defiantly a good thing. You want to be playing tough footy leading in to the finals. As we all know, finals footy is another step up and you need to be prepared.

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/raiders/81238

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 04:16:03 PM »
This one's for Ireland, family and Pop

CANBERRA RAIDERS prop Brett White keeps photos of his Irish grandfather, Arthur Costello, locked in his family safe, alongside his NRL premiership rings.

It's why the former Australian representative says playing for Ireland and his Pop at this year's World Cup will have a deeper meaning than his other achievements in rugby league.

White leaves Canberra for the World Cup on October 14, on the ninth anniversary of Costello's death.

Raised by his mother, White said Costello, whom he reveres as the father figure in his life, taught him a hard-work ethic.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/this-ones-for-ireland-family-and-pop-20131005-2v1dv.html#ixzz2h6XT4OXv

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 02:17:31 PM »
White set to make his Pop proud

Aside from World Cup glory, Canberra Raiders’ Ireland representative Brett White will have one thing on his mind this tournament, making his Pop proud.

White qualifies for the Irish squad through his Grandpa who came over to Australia in 1951 to work on the snow fields in Jindabyne during the ski season.

He elected to settle down and make a life in the area after meeting a lovely young local girl, who eventually became White’s Grandma.

White’s Pop became a well-known figure in the area and ultimately played a leading role in the development of White as a person and as a footballer.

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/raiders/85820

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2013, 01:41:32 PM »
2013 Player Review: Brett White

When the times were tough for the Raiders in 2013, Brett White continuously stood up to be counted for, and his determination and passion to lead the way forward for the club on and off the field resulted in the fiery front rower receiving the Coach’s Award at the club’s presentation night.

White missed the majority of last season’s campaign with a full knee reconstruction and planned on making up for lost time in 2013.

The three time Kangaroo representative had a restricted pre-season due to his knee injury and subsequently missed the Raiders’ first two matches of the year.

It is no coincidence that the return of White to Canberra’s line-up coincided with the club’s first win of the season against the St George Illawarra Dragons in Round Three.

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/raiders/86171