Topic: Another Young Raider Joins Papalii and Ditches NZ for Queensland

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Another Young Raider Joins Papalii and Ditches NZ for Queensland
« on: September 26, 2012, 01:05:09 PM »
Canberra Raiders young gun Anthony Milford joins hitman Josh Papalii in wanting to play State of Origin for Maroons

Milford, a rookie rugby league five-eighth who will play for the Raiders against Wests Tigers in Sunday's under-20s grand final in Sydney, was odds-on to be selected for the Junior Kiwis in a one-off Test in Townsville in October.

But like NRL impact forward and Logan Brothers old boy Papalii, Milford now aspires to represent Queensland at State of Origin level.

Full story on Josh Papalii's decision, see The Courier-Mail.

"Everyone's goal seems to be to play NRL. I just want to play for Queensland,'' said Milford, a Souths-Logan junior.

Queensland's gain was highlighted on Saturday night when the young gun produced a kicking master class a haul which included six goals and a try in Canberra's 44-16 thrashing of St George Illawarra in the Toyota Cup preliminary final.

"I was raised and have lived my whole life in Queensland,'' Milford said when asked why he chose Queensland over New Zealand.

"I've only been to New Zealand a few times.''

The Toyota Cup grand final kicks off at 2pm Sunday

Source: http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/logan/canberra-raiders-young-gun-anthony-milford-joins-hitman-josh-papalii-in-wanting-to-play-state-of-origin-for-maroons/story-fn8m0u8i-1226480737072